Saturday, October 9, 2010

35 (a day late)

Yep, that's how old Ray is now. Although according to Maddy, who doesn't clearly annunciate the "TH" sound, he is 45.

After a very "regular" day of school and work, we all went out to dinner at Outback Steakhouse to celebrate. Baylee cooperated and slept through dinner. We came home for cake-eating and present-opening. Due to Ray's extreme picky-ness about his cakes, he actually (I'm ashamed to admit this) made his own birthday cake this year. Two days before his birthday. It was, after all, his birthday so he figured he could do what he wanted!! He frosted it too ... and lit the candles. I did carry it to the table though, and led the singing too, so I contributed a little. I have to say the cake was AWESOME!!

Ok, we both had a piece before the actual birthday day.


Ray's motto for the upcoming year!

I think I'll go have some right now.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Happy Birthday, Ray! :)

Love that you guys at the cake before hand. You are too cool!

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Ray! I wish I had some of that cake, too. And I wish I were only 35 years old. Ella saw the pictures of the girls and misses them.

paige said...

Love, love, love the cake! Hilarious! Happy Birthday Ray!

Everyone is looking so grown up in that last picture...including Ray :) Miss you guys.