Monday, February 23, 2009

Cady Lady turns 4!


Cady turned 4 last Sunday -- an event that she had been eagerly awaiting for, oh, about 11 months. We scheduled her party for the day before her birthday (Valentine's Day) and began planning a Princess Party (if Ray resisted pink when Cady was first born, I've resisted princess culture for as long as possible but I've surrendered!). Cady had been debating for months who to invite. Although she had considered inviting a couple of boys from preschool, she opted for all girls when I informed her that a princess party wouldn't fly if there were boys. We discussed party themes that both boys and girls would like, and after realizing that our best idea was a penguin party, we returned to the princess theme!

So her four little friends joined us for a morning of princess painting, wand making, and cupcake decorating. They had a lot of fun, but I think they would have had just as much fun if we had just let them play up in Cady's room! Live and learn ... don't prepare so much or get so stressed out about children's birthday parties!

6 comments:

Cindy Thomas said...

Hey, Princess is better than Barbie! Right? I think? Oh Boy?

paige said...

I always stress about the birthday party, and you're right, the kids would be just as happy playing with toys!!! The things we do for our princesses.

Happy Birthday Cady!

Tina - Ball Team Co-Captain said...

Happy Birthday Cady! I have a four year old, too! What a fun age of independence, yet innocence.

Yeah, kids only have to be together to have a party - that, plus a cake and you have a good time!

Anna said...

Jen, I love that picture of Cady! She is starting to look so much like you! Adorable.

The Farrell Family said...

I'm glad Cady had a great party! Kelsy turned 5 on the 13th...man, they are getting so big! (or are we just getting old!)

Robin said...

I wish I had been invited.. it sounds like a fun party. I can't believe you have a 4 year old:)