Friday, June 5, 2009

A date with my daughter

I'm quite behind on blogging but I'm just going to start with "now" for now!

Tonight, Cady and I went on a date. We went to the movies to see the new Disney Pixar flick, UP. It was so cute. I laughed. I cried. I think I liked it more than Cady did, because so much of the subtle humor goes over the head of a 4-year old. But she sure liked going out with her mama. She kept saying, "I love you, Mama! This is so fun!" And her mama sure liked going out with her (that was a whole lot of "mama", huh? Have we been in the South too long??).

A funny post script: In the movie there is reference to the "quiet game". You know, the one wherein the first one who talks, loses. On the way home in the car, Cady enthusiastically suggested that we play the quiet game. I was happy to comply. After about 30 seconds, Cady announced that she didn't want to play anymore. It was not fun! I laughed out loud!

6 comments:

Lynda said...

Totally cute! What a great Mama you are..... Glad your having a fun summer with the family! Love ya! Lynda

Mama said...

I'm so happy for a new post! I've checked almost everyday! I miss you guys! Love, (Aunt?) Maya

paige said...

Judy just took Trace and Sydney to see "Up" and Trace flat out stated that he didn't like it. I giggled because he's NEVER said that about a movie before. Ha! Sydney enjoyed it though:) Then again she enjoys ANY movie!

Unknown said...

All 4 of us loved this movie!

BeachMom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BeachMom said...

I wondered where Trey had gotten the idea for the Quiet Game. His uncle took him to see Up a few weeks ago. See you soon!