Sunday, April 13, 2008

So Close ... the end is near!





I know that I've been saying this for weeks but now I think it may actually be true ... the house will be done soon. The weather hasn't been cooperating with Ray's plans to complete the sanding and painting on the exterior, but the forecast for later this week is looking GOOD: low wind, warm temps and no RAIN!! So, if Ray is up for working for several hours after he gets home from a full day at Powers, then maybe I'll be posting some exterior pics by this time next week. I hope so ... yesterday I was talking to our next-door neighbor, who was saying that she was afraid that her lack of lawn-care is making her look "white trash". After what could only be called a "pregnant pause", she hugged me and said, "I'm so glad you're my neighbor!" Hmmm.


Anyway, here are some pics of projects that are completed, all inside. There's Maddy's cheery lavendar nursery (is she too old to be in the "nursery" now? I hope not) and the downstairs half-bath -- a big improvement from before, which we used to call the "crap shack". It had just been a toilet under the stairs but Ray and his brother Jon raised the ceiling, closed off a storage closet to make space for a sink and laid tile for the floor. It's as beautiful as a half-bath can possibly be!

6 comments:

Tammy T. said...

Cute bathroom, I love it :)

Amy said...

Pretty. Ella's room is lavender too. I bet you're excited to have it done.

Robin said...

Hey Jen... this is Robin Checketts. I found your blog linked on Lorile's. It was fun to read about you. Your little girl is darling. We just saw Jen Rushton this weekend, her daughter Lexi is so much fun!

Cindy Thomas said...

I thought Glenn was handy-dandy - but Ray is something else! Go go go!

Maybe Maddy needs a new room and the lovely lavender room could get a new occupant? Hmmmm - just an idea? ;)

Rain in My Head said...

Just came across your blog from the Howards blog. Wish we had enough guts to do house projects ourselves! The bath and nursery are adorable. Hope you guys are well!! :)

Layton Clan said...

JEN, JEN, JEN. It's Jen West (Layton) from Virginia years ago. I just saw your blog from Jen Ferrara's, and had to say hello. Your girls are SO beautiful, and it is so good to see you doing so well. We are about to have our own little one in two months. I would love to stay in touch with you. Hope all is well!

Love - Jen Layton