Sunday, April 6, 2008

Spring Break is Over



I always used to be appalled when mothers would say that they couldn't wait until their child(ren) went back to school after spring break or summer vacation. What a horrible thing to say, I thought, or even worse, to feel. How could you not want to be with your children all the time, I wondered. Well, now I know. Cady leaves me to go to preschool for a scant 3 hours each weekday morning and it is precious time. As Maddy is still usually taking a morning nap, I often have at least an hour in the house when I can "do my own thing" (i.e. CLEAN!) with no interference from little ones. It's such a good thing: the house is cleaner when Cady is in school AND that translates into me feeling more like I can focus on the girls later in the day.

So today was the official last day of Spring Break and, as the weather was cool and rainy most of the week, we made the most of a lovely, sunny day and walked down to our neighborhood park. Maddy has never been a big fan of the swings but she humored me a little today and Cady pumped her feet in the right direction ... ahhh, the little milestones that are victories in the life of a 3-year old, and her mommy!!

2 comments:

BeachMom said...

Hi Mechlings,
I love your blog and was even inspired. I'll send you my link soon. The girls are just gorgeous. I missed seeing Maddy when you were here in February.

Creedence

Butler Family said...

Hey there Jen. How are you and the family?Gosh the girls have gotten so big!! Where are you guys at now? We are in Great Lakes, IL. Check out my blog sometime. I would LOVE to hear from you. ButlerFamily2005.blogspot.com