Monday, June 9, 2008

Hello, Summer Vacation!

Cady has officially been on summer vacation for 2 weeks now and I think we are both still adjusting. Even though she ended the year by resisting school each morning, I know Cady enjoyed the activities and playing with friends. It certainly had to be more exciting than hanging around with Mom and Maddy all day! I, of course, am learning to go about my day without that little break each morning.

We have lots of fun things planned for our summer, starting with a trip up to Maryland to visit my folks. We fly out of Charlotte tomorrow and we're excited!! Who would've thought there would be a direct flight from Charlotte to Podunk, Maryland?? Those of you know me well enough, know that I'm not actually from a town called Podunk, it's really called Smallsbury ... Salisbury, really.

Anyway, Cady performed in the end-of-the-year program on the last day of school. Luckily, the girl in her class who was supposed to be
front and center
got stage fright and started screaming for her mommy. She was yanked to the sidelines and Cady got her spot!! I thought you might like to see her in action. She's in the red poodle skirt, swinging her hips and NOT following the lead of the music teacher AT ALL!!

(excuse the videography ... I did the best I could with Maddy hanging on my arm!)

5 comments:

Our family said...

Hello! I saw your m-i-l at a baby shower a week or two ago... she said ya'll were well... glad to hear it! =) Glad you found me... thanks for the good wishes, we're really excited! Remember when we were worried VB just didn't have the kindof guy for me... =) Funny how quickly things change!

paige said...

that was so stinkin' cute! Cady has definitely got some moves...have you given her a hula hoop yet??? Have fun on your trip!

Rushton Family said...

She's getting so big Jen. I can't believe it. What happened to our headers? Mine moved to the left just like yours did and I can't figure out how to get it centered again. Anyway, new posts on my blog also....

Miss you
Jen

Diane said...

That was adorable! Oh my goodness. Cady was stealin' the show! You could certainly tell she was enjoying herself.

Hugs,
Diane

BeachMom said...

I love it. Cady was fantastic. And see, adding video is easy. It was great seeing you guys today. I must post something on our blog soon.