Saturday, June 7, 2008

My Nemesis

Yes, that's right, my nemesis is grape juice (not limited to Welch's). I've never been a huge fan of it as a juice drinker, unless it's mixed with some other berry juice. However, having children drinking grape juice has deepened my emotion for this libation to loathing. Do you know how very difficult it is to get grape juice out of clothes?


I don't mean to spend a blog post on something as trivial as stain removal but it seems that I have been spending SO much time doing that very thing lately. It has been quite a learning experience. Even though vinegar or lemon juice after boiling water does help get out grape juice, if you can't bleach it as the last step, then you're pretty much stuck with it. Cady had a complete outfit casualty yesterday, thanks to the stuff. I dumped the remainder of the bottle down the drain this morning.
With you all as my witnesses, I will never buy grape juice again.



On a positive note, I did successfully remove a huge wad of bubble gum from a dress with the help of WD-40. Crazy.

3 comments:

paige said...

Ha! I didn't know you could get out gum with WD-40. Thanks for the tip! My all time favorite stain getter--Oxi-Clean. It gets out mustard-poo stains like it was nothin'! Try it sometime. I literally keep a bucket full of water and oxi-clean in my laundry room and put all of Nash's clothes in it, because, yes, they all end up with yellow poo. Sorry, TMI. BTW, I just got the frosty coupons back, and, oops! Those were meant for you guys. Sorry, I forgot I put them in there, so I never told you about them. Bummer, I thought you and the girls could enjoy a few free Jr. Frosties this summer! Ah well.

Unknown said...

Hey Jen, it's Lori...I have a blog now and I didn't know your email address, but it's http://thecavincrew.blogspot.com/

I've been looking at yours when I saw it on Paiges list...anyway, your girls are adorable and growing fast! I wish we could get together sometime soon, oh and tell Ray I said hi!

Tammy T. said...

OK Scarlett O'Hara--better just stick to apple juice.