Sunday, September 7, 2008

The Bulldogs visit Death Valley

Thanks to a customer at work, Ray came by 2 tickets to yesterday's football game between Clemson and The Citadel. An EXTREMELY kind and generous friend offered to watch the girls for the afternoon, so the two of us set off on a football adventure!

For those of you who know us well, you know that The Citadel is Ray's alma mater and if you follow college football, you may already know how this story ends. But let me add our little details, in addition to whatever you may have seen on ESPN Sports Center!



After tailgating with a small contingent of Citadel grads outside the stadium, Ray and I headed in and UP to our seats. They could've been higher but they were definitely in the upper deck! And no matter which way you looked, there was a LOT of orange. I told Ray that perhaps it's so striking because both his and my alma maters wear shades of blue to the games, colors that you would wear any old day. Clemson orange is so bright and blaring, NO ONE wears it except on game day!!


The final score was 45 - 17, I believe, so there was lots of Tiger growling and spelling of C-L-E-M-S-O ..... (pause, as if trying to remember how to spell) N!!! I think that Ray's favorite part was yelling "Roll Tide" at strategic moments, to remind the Clemson fans surrounding us that they had been stomped by Alabama last week.

1 comment:

Cindy Thomas said...

I use to follow College FB but haven't since Ben was born (11 yrs ago)... I'm glad you had a GREAT time.