Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Growing up and letting go

Our baby Cady is growing up. She's been out of her crib for months now and Ray and I finally decided that it was time to get rid of it. This old house doesn't have enough space to store extra toothpicks, much less a crib! Since we will never be in a position again where we have 2 children in cribs at the same time (I know, never say never, blah, blah, blah), we opted to keep Maddy's and to put Cady's on Craigslist. Waalaa, 2 days later, it was riding away with a young family with a baby on the way.

You may wonder why I would even make mention of this. Well, I was unexpectedly emotional about it. My first baby slept in this crib. We arranged our first nursery using this crib. And when I was telling a friend about it later in the day, I started to choke up!! I know it's just a "thing" but it felt like letting go of a precious piece of Cady's infancy, like the moment pictured below, and it made me very sad. Perhaps a little overly sentimental, but then I'm not known for my stoicism!

4 comments:

paige said...

I can't even believe that was Cady...holy cow time flies! I hope I'm not emotional when we get rid of a crib...actually I think I'll sell them together, since they match, someone having twins will be so blessed.

Cindy Thomas said...

Time just keeps traveling faster and faster and they get older and older (and so do WE)! Take lots of pics before you let it all go.

The Farrell Family said...

I think someone is feeling a little maternal... Need some baby loves? Come my way anytime! at least once I have this stubborn kid!! :)

Diane said...

I'm not a mother, but I know someone who could not part with their child's crib. My parents! I'm 48 years old and my crib is still in the attic at Dad's!! I'm sure there is a playpen and a lot of other things up there too. I need to go up there and take a look.

Hugs,
Diane