Saturday, July 31, 2010

Another last

Tonight was the last night we will spend at home as a family of four. A weird feeling. Although the induction is not scheduled until Monday, since we have to report to the hospital at 5 am, the girls will be spending the night at a friend's home tomorrow. So I should have really enjoyed every moment. I tried. I'm just so dang exhausted that by 8 in the evening, I'm only taking pleasure in laying in bed!!

I wonder if any of us are prepared for the massive changes that are about to be thrust upon us. When Maddy was born, Cady was still in diapers. Now, we've been out of diapers all summer, although Mad still wears a pull-up at night. Cady starts kindergarten one week after the baby is born and whoa, that a whole lotta change for a 5-year old in a very short time span.

But I know that it will bring us all closer. Maddy is SOOOO very excited to finally become a BIG sister, not just be the little sister and I know she'll be a great one. I need to enjoy every moment with this new little one, since it'll be the last!

No comments: