Tuesday, January 20, 2009

First Day of School

Last Friday, I was interviewed and hired to teach 2 sections of senior Government/Economics (yikes) at a nearby high school. The position is for the second semester which was SUPPOSED to start today but ... it snowed last night!! I tried not to be hopeful or at least set my expectations on a mere delay but it snowed about an inch, and here in South Carolina, that means CANCELLATION!!

Cady could hardly wait to get outside but even her excitement couldn't keep her warm! We bundled up and tumbled outside, stomped around, threw some snowballs and then got COLD. The girls lasted about 10 minutes. We just don't have wardrobes that are designed for long-term play in the snow. But I did snap a few photos (which blogspot is telling me that's it's uploaded but they're not showing up) ... stay tuned.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I was so glad we had the day off or at least Jacob did since I don't teach on Tuesdays/Thursdays but you're right my kids were frozen...we needed snowsuits!

Tina - Ball Team Co-Captain said...

Oh, congratulations on going back to high school... :)

paige said...

Congratulations on the one inch of snow. if you'd like anymore, you can borrow some of ours. anytime. really. and you can have our snowsuits!

Erin said...

Schools were closed in Virginia Beach for a snowstorm that was supposed to come. We haven't had a snowflake drop. LOL.

Amy said...

Congratulations on your new job! You will be great at it.

airtrent said...

High school Kids are tough! I taught that for three years Houston... Yikes

wiseley worded said...

We need some sensible teachers out there. Crack some skulls, Jenny.