Thursday, January 8, 2009

A quick visit to Atlanta

A few weeks before Christmas, I traveled down to Atlanta with the girls to attend a baby shower for Ray's cousin Jenn. We discovered that to travel to most places on "this" side of Atlanta, it's less than 3 hours. Not bad. Not bad at all. OK, I had to pack snacks, books, and other car activities (i.e. DVD player!), but the girls traveled great!

We stayed the night with another of Ray's cousins who live in the suburbs of Atlanta, Ron and Resa and their lovely children. Their youngest is Cady's age and she was so excited to spend the night at her cousins' house. The girls loved playing with new toys and new playmates, and Mommy loved doing a little shopping. Oh, driving to Perimeter Mall made me miss Northern Virginia! Not that it looked like NoVa but it FELT like it, busy, busy, busy and I loved it!! I have a feeling we'll be visiting Atlanta again real soon!

And I should mention that Resa took over 100 pictures of our girls, in an attempt to help me get some usable photos for a Christmas card this year. The pictures of Cady and Maddy on our card are courtesy of Resa ... thanks for not giving up, Resa, even when I was ready to quit trying!!

No comments: