Thursday, July 10, 2008

Good news and a good book

For those of you who have been following the saga of our two homes and our efforts to sell one of the darn things for years now, you will be happy to know that our home in Virginia Beach has rented to a Naval officer and his family. Renting was not our preference but it's certainly preferable to foreclosing in these dire times, isn't it?!? So they move in on Saturday and we will then be back to paying one mortgage ... what bliss!!!

The reason that I'm posting this so late at night is that I have been reading a book today that I could barely put down, except for necessities like feeding my children. I got totally immersed in it! I even let Cady watch more Dora than usual after Maddy had gone to bed so that I could read in peace!! It's called Mudbound by Hillary Jordan. I checked it out from the library this morning and just finished it and it's over 300 pages. OK, I do tend to skim when a book is really good and I just want to find out what's going to happen but it has been quite a while since I read a book that I couldn't put down! Love and murder in the Jim Crow South ... good stuff.

No comments: