Saturday, July 26, 2008

I did a stupid thing!

It's one of those things where I debated what to do and now I realize, as Maddy is screaming upstairs, that I made the WRONG choice.

This is what happened. Ray took Cady out after dinner, so I'm home with just Maddy. After bath-time, she insisted upon putting her shoes back on (what can I say ... Maddy is all girl, she loves purses and shoes!). So I read her some books and put her to bed without the usual loud interruptions from her older sister.

Ahhh. It was so nice.

After I closed her door, I was cleaning up and realized, as I was collecting shoes and clothes, that I had put Maddy down with her shoes on. I paused and thought, "hmmm, what should I do? Let her sleep all night with shoes on or go in a take them off?" Well, I went in, interrupted her quiet pre-sleep zoning out and took off her shoes and slipped back out. Bad move. The screaming began. I'm not just talking fussing, but SCREAMING!! Oh well, next time I put my kid down with shoes on, I'll take 'em off in the morning!!

3 comments:

Kate said...

okay, that made me laugh! i don't think i would have even remembered about the shoes being on their feet!

Anna and Ryan said...

Jen, I can totally sympathize. I have made the EXACT same mistake and it totally sucks. Just when you feel like you can exhale, that the kids are finally asleep and you'll have a little break before you have wake up and do it all again, you go and do something stupid like try to retrieve something from their room, or close the door, or turn off the light...and then they are up again and sreaming. What fun.

Tammy T. said...

Leave the shoes on, always leave the shoes on.