Monday, May 19, 2008

The "Big Girl Bed"

I broke down today and put together Cady's toddler bed, even though there has been no pooping on the potty! She was so excited , hopefully not so excited that she won't sleep a wink tonight. I've tried to emphasize that she may not get out of her bed until the sun comes up in the morning but I'm downstairs typing and I've already heard some pitter-patter of feet above my head.



(Look at the poor, abandoned crib in the background)

Ok, I wrote the previous paragraph 2 days ago and I have to say that Cady has done pretty well sleeping in her new bed! She didn't actually go to sleep until almost 10 pm the first night -- a little jack-in-the-box going on -- but since then she's actually gone to sleep just a quickly as she was in her crib. Of course, the crib is still a menacing prescence in her room, and I've told her that if she won't stay in her new bed, then back to the crib she goes! After we take the crib apart, I may have a different story to write!

1 comment:

The Farrell Family said...

Gotta love those first few nights in a bed without jail bars!!! Kudos to Cady for doing such a great job!!!