Thursday, May 15, 2008

Some Mother's Day musings ...

Am I the only mom that ...

doesn't ever get to sit down through an entire dinner? I wish. More juice, please, Mommy!

isn't really bothered by not having "me time" in the bathroom anymore? in fact, I often forget to close the door now ... what's the point?

wonders how many more years I am going to have to referee between my kids? It's going to be until they move out of the house, isn't it? That's exhausting, just thinking about it.

didn't expect my 3-year old to be so SMART?? Before I had children, I thought that 3-year olds were only a step above babies, so I'm constantly amazed at how much Cady knows. It's not that I think my kid is brilliant (well, OK, I do!) but that it's just amazing that a 3-year old could know so much. She knows a lot of stuff, including exactly how to push Mommy's buttons!

is pretty impressed with the "mom ears" that you develop? It's incredible to me that you can hear nearly any sound around the house and know instantly what is was ... a pacifier being thrown out of the crib and hitting the hardwood floor ... a chair being pushed across the floor to assist in reaching the cupboard that the bag of marshmallows is stashed in ... the list goes on. Of course, the scariest noise of all is SILENCE. I heard that from Maddy's direction the other day and found that she had discovered Mommy's make-up. I wish I'd had the camera!

Well, I may add some more musings as the day goes along, but those are just some random thoughts on motherhood from one who is still pretty new at it. I'm so grateful that I have such a wonderful mother and a fantastic mother-in-law to learn from and, of course, Ray is pretty great too. I wouldn't be the mother I am without him.

2 comments:

paige said...

how about this one, am I the only mom who gets tired of hearing "hey Mom" approximately four thousand times every day? I think Trace skipped the "why" stage of life and says "hey mom" constantly instead. I love it!

Tina - Ball Team Co-Captain said...

loved this post - I'm playing catch up... so might I add --- that am I the only Mom who lives for bedtime, jumps at the chance for my kids to spend the night with friends and loves warm weather especially so the kids can be outside...I do love em, yep. I really, really do!