Saturday, May 17, 2008

"They grow up so fast!"


In the past few days, we had some humorous firsts around here.
Yesterday morning, for some reason, it seems that we were taking a bit longer to get ready for the day. I was showered and dressed, Maddy was dressed but GUESS WHO was dragging their feet?? Yes, Cady has decided that 3 hours at school is "too long" each day, so sometimes can be a little passive aggressive in her resistance ... I have NO IDEA where she gets that from!! Anyway, Maddy decided that she was hungry and
wasn't going to wait any longer, so
she turned her little self around,
scooted downstairs on her tummy,
busted open the cabinet where the cereal is
and took matters into her own hands!
When I came down several minutes later, this is what I found in the living room:



(that's Rice Chex in the Rubbermaid container)

The other first was really a "second" since Cady sucessfully attempted this yesterday. What happened was this ... tonight I was in one of those places mothers get to where I WAS DONE, DONE, DONE. The kind of done where I say "OK, you are going to bed now because I need a BREAK!" So, with the little ones tucked into their cribs, a little earlier than usual, I headed outside the sweep the front walk in peace and quiet.

Ahhhh.

After a while, I hear a little "Mommy?" from the front door. I turn to find Cady, who inquires about one of her blankets, which I had put in Maddy's room. "Mommy, where is my big blanket?"

Now, this is not a story about a blanket ... it's a story about our 3-year old mastering the skill of CLIMBING OUT OF HER CRIB!!! Since she did it yesterday too, I think the fat lady has sung on this one. We have had a toddler bed for her since Christmas, but I made the blunder of making it an incentive for going poop on the potty. Apparently, she needs a bigger incentive because it's not working!!

2 comments:

BeachMom said...

You know my take on when kids start climbing out of the crib. It's better to deal with a few missed naps than a trip to the ER and no beach for the summer. From someone who knows...

Cindy Thomas said...

MAN - With my 5 I have never had that problem! I hear about it from lots of people though...