Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Who will be the next American Idol?

Ok, if you're not an American Idol fan, you may want to pass on reading this one, but Ray isn't home from work yet and the girls are in bed and I need to debrief!!




That was one of the best finales I've ever seen on AI, although I thought all the boxing stuff was lame and overdone. I'm really glad that it came down to the Davids. Unlike the past two seasons, there was actually a true competition tonight. I'm really more of a David Cook fan but I have to admit that Archie whipped his bum tonight. Cook definitely sings more the type of music I like, although a small part of me has rooted for the little Mormon boy from Utah. Cook just didn't do what he does best, which is taking a known song and totally "making it his." Like Simon said, he should've sung "Billie Jean" or "Hello" for his last song. Either way, whoever wins will deserve it (unlike Taylor Hicks!). Where do YOU weigh in?

4 comments:

Kate said...

So, I have not watched AI this season and almost watched it tonight, but decided against it. Instead, I am lurking on blogs, and I found YOU! I am so excited! :)
Kate

Diane said...

I love them both. Different styles. I agree that Cook didn't do as well as DA, but I feel it's going to be close. They both have a huge fan base. They'll both have great careers.

Happy I found your blog! I'm a fellow South Carolinian...

Hugs,
Diane

Tammy T. said...

I am not a loyal AI watcher but Ingrid is in town and she is, so we watched the finale last night. That was a great show!! With ZZ Top and Bryan Adams and George Micheal, Wow!

The Mechlings said...

David A. should have won..it's rigged I tell ya, rigged!