Sunday, May 4, 2008

A day in the life ...

Sometimes I feel like there's nothing "noteworthy" to chronicle here but I guess that, in the life of a young family, it's the little things that are the most noteworthy. Maddy is rapidly expanding her vocabulary from pretty much "Daddy", "ball", and "car", to include "more", "bird", "Cady" (daydee), "teeth" and more. Of course, "car" is any loud motorized vehicle that she hears or sees, like lawnmowers, trucks, helicopters and airplanes. And how could I forget my FAVORITE new word, which she has picked up from her older sister, "NO!"



Cady announced to me during the same car ride today that she wants to be a duck when she grows up, as well as Spiderman. Interesting combo. Her current love is the classic Disney movie, The Jungle Book, which I'm very glad about. It was my all-time favorite when I was a kid (who doesn't love "The Bear Necessities"??) and, as noted in my previous post, I'm not a huge fan of the princess movies, especially if I have to watch it every day! Cady has a love/hate relationship with the apparently British tiger Shear Kahn. She always says she likes him, but when he's about to appear on the TV screen, she summons me for emotional support. I just had to pause my typing because she said, "Mom, take care of me, Mom, Shear Kahn is coming!!" and dragged me off to the sofa to sit with her.


I love my girls!

Life is good.

2 comments:

paige said...

these are the memories you'll cherish. i can't believe Maddy is talking--I still picture her 10 months old like she was when I saw her last!

Layton Clan said...

Jen - these little moments you speak about bring me so much excitement to be a mom! I am so glad that life is so good for you. I seriously couldn't imagine it any other way for you! You are fabulous.

Love you much - Jen